Wednesday 24 August 2011

Afore we go....

So Alex is in fine fettle - bursting with energy although somewhat nervously awaiting gcse results tomorrow

Before I indulge in any personal reflections I would just like to record my admiration for my son who had the vision and the determination to carry it all off and so successfully.

I'm very proud of him. Job well done, Alex

And also a special thank you to my daughter who was such good company on the road and with whom I had so much fun

The boys did a great job of the cycling and have raised about £1700 so far which is tremendous

One or two closing reflections....

Cycling is fun. I would like to do something similar. Anyone fancy a spell as support vehicle staff??

There is so much of Britain to explore and enjoy outside London. It has genuinely rounded out my sense of our country; the beauty of the countryside and the continual variety of life of lifestyles as you roam from one end to the other. I'm well off London as a place to live and definitely not looking forward to returning

It is not easy staying in yha's but it gives you some wonderful experiences and chance encounters as well as some indescribable ones. I have a new appreciation of anything in the slightest bit luxurious. All round good for the soul.

Strangers are mostly to be welcomed , not feared. We met some very kind and thoughtful people and lots of help freely and willingly given

Road trips are great fun, even if you are are profoundly middle aged. Having a slightly mysterious itinerary and sticking to it is a good discipline and appropriately exciting (for the profoundly middle aged)

Teenage boys live life in the present. There's a lot to be said for it.

Blogging is fun and very satisfying if people are generous enough to read what you've written despite the terrible typos and lax grammar

So to all of you who looked in from time to time and got contact - a great big thank you.

And to everyone who donated so generously, thank you too

So until next time....

Toot toot

No comments:

Post a Comment