Thursday 11 August 2011

Increasing clumsiness

Mum and I ventured out into the pouring rain yesterday for a stately home visit at tatton park after leaving a warm house and sizzling bacon. Tatton was a beautiful house influenced by young men's grand tours of Europe especially incorporating symmetry. After gazing in wonder at the fantastic library and no less than two canalettos of Venice we rushed out again in great stress because mum had read a text wrong and thought the boys were arriving early, I had time to have some chips and a hot dog from a van in the grounds. I took my food covered in sauce into the car again. Mum warned me 'do NOT spill that sauce in my car Isobel' I replied with 'mum, please, have some respect for a careful 13year old' less than 30 seconds later, the chips were on the floor, the hot dog in the middle of the seat, ketchup on my jeans and in my hair and the chair covered in sauce. I emerged, dripping in ketchup and a very guilty look on my face. It still pains me to write it! Earlier this morning I knocked over alex's coffee on the carpet and on my trousers and dripped my cereal onto the bathroom sink of perhaps the last hotel.I will mis the warmth and the comfortable bed! Still, we must power on though Ps some people have asked how to sponsor alex, you go online to just giving and type in his full name into sponsor a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment