Thursday 11 August 2011

Hard rain

Alex and angus have just arrived dripping but smiling once again
65 miles of serious weather
Boys, I take my hat off to you

You wouldn't know we are in the lake district were it not for the profusion of Kendal mint cake and dripping tourists

To say it is misty is an understatement but at least it is not cold

Isobel and I have readjusted to tiny attic rooms and rickety bunks and are looking forward to meeting the other residents of the hostel, namely the British under 18 female judo team

But not as much as alex and angus are.

Arm wrestling anyone?


After a somewhat dispiriting afternoon we cheered ourselves up by going to marks and Spencer to buy eat in for ten quid for the team

Needless to say I will not be polishing off both bottles of wine

Yet.

I have also invested in the new Julian barnes which is good but not what you would call cheerful

Clean boys have appeared so that's me off to the laundry for while

Toot toot

No comments:

Post a Comment